If you see red swollen raised bumps on the skin than you must not neglect these, these may be hives. Hives which is in medical terms known as Urticaria is a skin disorder that affects more than 20% of population. Hives welts are often categorized as red or pink colored swollen bumps that are very itchy and sometimes also gives burning sensation.
Hives welts may appear in different parts of our body including face, skin, eyes, chest, arms and legs. These if neglected may extend, spread, and merge together to form larger areas of flat raised skin. Proper care and treatment should be done when hives symptoms starts appearing for prevention of hives. In more chronic cases when hive appear deep beneath the skin especially around lips, eyes on faces, it is referred as Angioedema. It causes swelling on face, hands, feet and throat.
Hives generally appears as a result when a foreign substance or an allergen get inside the body, immune system of our body causes allergic reaction which releases histamines in the blood stream that causes hives to occur in the body.
Some other hives welts causes are:
- Hives occurs because of allergy to certain food substances like shellfish, nuts, milk, eggs, fish etc.
- Hives may also occur because of allergy to certain medicines.
- Viral infection or viral fever may cause occurrence of hives.
- Allergy to pollen grains.
- Insect bites
- Exposure to extreme cold or extreme hot and sunlight may trigger occurrence of hives.
- Hives may also occur because of emotional stress and tension.
Mild hives may disappear on own but in case of chronic hives when hives welts persists for longer duration than proper care and treatment must be done to reduce hives. There is natural and herbal treatment available for the treatment of hives. Antihistamines may also be useful for the treatment of hives. Oxyhives is also a trusted and reliable drug which proves very effective for the treatment of hives.
Easily Hives Treatment
Best hives Relief